Welcome to AshevilleFamilyResource.com! Thank you for visiting. Search through the listings above to find local resources for families in Asheville. Listings on our pages are free, so if you’d like your family-oriented business or event listed on the site, leave us a comment or email.We have some great new sponsors to announce! A million thank yous to , a local service providing prenatal guidance, continuous labor support, and postpartum assistance that focuses on evidence-based information concerning everything from newborn care to emotional health. We also give thanks to for their sponsorship. Pardee Nurse-Midwifery is committed to providing women with the best care for every stage of life. Pardee’s nurse-midwives provide holistic care with a personal touch and are accredited by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, licensed in the state of North Carolina and are affiliate members of the medical staff at Pardee Hospital. Please click on the logos to find out more about these great local services.
Here’s March’s Bucket List!
- This week’s Mountain Xpress is the kid’s issue– it has lots of summer camp information, as well as articles about martial arts and other cool kid stuff in Asheville.
- March 31st, The WNC Nature Center is hosting a Mountain Safari benefit- Dress in your best safari gear and party with the animals. Those in safari attire will be entered into a special raffle! Tickets purchased prior to May 26 are $45 for Non-Members and $40 for Members (must be current member as of 5-31-12) $50 at the door
- The Hop Ice Cream Cafe has some great events happening, including a Dr. Seuss Book Exchange on March 6th, Canyon Creek Bluegrass on the 13th, and Sirius B. on March 27th
- Parent’s Night Out at Evergreen is March 9th, 16th, and 23rd, 6:30-10 pm. Cost: $20 for first child, $10 for siblings. Ages K-6th grade. All proceeds to benefit the 7th and 8th grade Freedom Riders Spring Break Trip. To register, contact Kriya.Lendzion@evergreenccs.org
- Be on the lookout for next month’s bucket list– coming by the end of the week, featuring as many Asheville Easter Egg Hunts as we can find– which actually begin this Saturday, March 31st at Carrier Park, The Bojangles Easter Eggstravaganza is from 2-4 pm, with an egg hunt for older kids ages 4-11 beginning at 4pm. Younger kids can get a chance to hunt throughout the day.
March 24th from 3:30-4:30 pm at the East Asheville Library is the Tape-Tastic Tape-Stravaganza, a free event for ages 11-18. Learn to make duct tape wallets, bookmarks, picture frames and more. Call 28-250-4738 for more info.
more to come, so visit again soon. Don’t forget to like us on facebook, ashevillefamilyresource.com. ENJOY!